Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving in a Foreign Land

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and this year will feel strange. We are far away from family and friends and in a place where they do not know Thanksgiving. We have been able to find a turkey (not an easy task as here they eat Turkey for Christmas, not before). Some friends of ours from Denmark will be visiting as well as an American friend who also lives here now. Because of work, we will be celebrating on Saturday, which will be strange.

Oh well, lots of Americans in Notting Hill so I will keep on the look out for any pilgrims!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Anthony!

    Hey... let me reiterate publicly what I advised you privately:

    Call up the American Embassey.

    Ask if they're hosting a Thanksgiving celebration and request an invitation.

    BILL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill -- My wife has done that and we are going tomorrow to a Thanksgiving event at St. Paul's.

    ReplyDelete

This is my policy -- be intelligent. I have a high tolerance for dissent, but none for stupidity.