Monday, November 30, 2009

The Post Where I Discover What is in a Mincemeat Pie

The other day, I mentioned to my coworkers I had no idea what a mincemeat pie was.
This is a mincemeat pie
So it was decided I had to try one.

This is me eating a mincemeat pie.
It turns out that there is no actual meat in a mincemeat pie. Rather, it is a a fruit pie (with several fruits inside). Though one of my coworkers assures me that at sometime in the distant past, there actually was meat included. hence the name.
This is the inside of a mincemeat pie -- no meat is to be found

So happily, one mystery of living in London is solved.

2 comments:

  1. Aahh... how'bout Yorkshire batter... er... pudding?

    (*GRIN*)

    Yes, indeed... two Peoples separated by a common language.

    (*WINK*)

    BILL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother used to make mincemeat pie all the time, as did her mother, who was Swedish.

    ReplyDelete

This is my policy -- be intelligent. I have a high tolerance for dissent, but none for stupidity.