Monday, November 23, 2009

A few prelimiaries

Just to cover a few basics.

I am an American originally from Long Island but who has moved around a bit. I guess I had some wanderlust, and this is the latest and hopefully last manifestation.

I live in the Notting Hill section of London. And no, I never saw the movie, but my wife did. I work on the Southbank, just opposite the City. I am a consultant working for a large international company who shall remain nameless, though I like them and recommend them as an employer.

My reason for moving to London is that I always wanted to live in a foreign country, and for reasons of employment and language, London was the best fit.

I do not plan to make this permanent. At most, I intend to stay here 3 years, though I expect it will be less than that. Hopefully I will get the wandering out of my system, and move back home.

I have a wife and two small boys. The younger one (four) is starting to develop an English accent.

1 comment:

  1. I had a few memorable pints in the Nag's Head pub, right near the Covent Garden. I'm wondering if it's still there. One afternoon I witnessed Mia Farrow, who was in a play somewhere in the West End, being dragged out of the Nag's Head by a visibly upset Andre Previn, to whom she was married at that time, I believe. Those were the good ol' days. When in London we stayed in a B&B on Something-or-other Crescent, not far from Russell Square. The proprietress was Italian, btw. I love London, and envy you. Have you visited Salisbury Cathedral yet? That's a trip. When we went there the organist from Notre Dame de Paris was there on a special trip to play the organ at Salisbury. We went to hear the Boys' Choir sing a vesper service. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

This is my policy -- be intelligent. I have a high tolerance for dissent, but none for stupidity.